Students who have to use oxford writing format for the first time tend to take help from the oxford referencing generator tools. But you should be well versed with the oxford writing style by now in case you are dreaming of getting admitted to the best universities.
The writing format has two main components: the Footnote citation and the reference list. Footnotes are placed at the bottom of the page, whereas the reference list comes at the end of the paper. It may not be an easy writing style to master, but the readers find it easier to get to the sources using this citation style.
Oxford style referencing is different from other citation styles as it consists of the stringent writing procedure. You need to be very particular while following the guidelines of this writing format. Apart from philosophy, history, political science, anthropology students, the law students also sometimes requires to follow this style of writing.
So here is an Oxford citation guide that will give you the basic idea of the writing format.
Oxford style referencing has the following elements:
1. Header: The font style in this writing format would be Time New Roman 12-points. According to the oxford guide edition, placing page numbers will be up to you. Draw 2 inches margins at the top of the page and 1 inch for the rest of the places. Use double spacing for the entire paper except for the bibliography page.
2. Cover Page: The top of the page should be filled with the title. Leave a few lines to write your project type. Following that, write date, total word, name, and institution name.
3. Basic requirements: Each in-text citation should be backed up with a detailed reference. It denotes your complete acknowledgment of sources, their author, and information on data from where the readers can easily get access to the reference text.
4. References: Make sure that you mention all the sources you have used in the text.
5. In-text citation: You are needed to use footnotes when you are following the Oxford citation guide. You can easily do this in Microsoft Word. All you have to do is press the Insert tab. Make sure to add quotations on both bibliography and footnote.
Some Tips On Oxford referencing Style:-
· Select topics that will be best to work. Consider choosing topics that go well with your opinion or belief. Try to pick a challenging topic that gives you various scopes to research and write. Avoid taking projects like how-to-do things. Do not generalize but make sure to be specific when you are writing in this format.
· Fill the bibliography with outer sources of scholarly information articles, academic journals. Make sure that all information is up-to-date.
However, you can also take help of the Oxford bibliography generator tools
· You can take the help of the referencing bibliography tools to write a well-formatted citation list in the bibliography.
The above article will show you how to format paper with Oxford citation generator style, and the tips will help to master the writing style.
Summary: The Oxford referencing guide will help you get through this style of formatting.
Author Bio: Emily Sinclair has completed her English Masters from Oxford University. She uses Oxford referencing generator tools to help the students with their assignments. She is also a member of MyAssignmenthelp.com.