Haccp Standard is one of the standards for food safety and hygiene imported from the United States.
The origin of this standard is due to the fact that astronauts need a food to ensure safety without abdominal pain or any food-related problems. for this reason, the US space and space agency (NASA) asked Pillsbury to research and manufacture foods for their space flight.
Since then, our customers in the US have requested companies to carry out production in accordance with the above requirements so Haccp standard was born.
So what does this standard cover and what are the requirements that we need to get started?
What is Haccp?
II.The principles of haccp
2.1 HACCP has 7 principles.
- Identify hazards.
-Determine critical control points (CCP - Critical Control Points).
-Define critical limits for each CCP.
- Establishment of CCP monitoring procedure.
-Develop corrective action plan when the critical limit is broken;
-Develop procedure for verifying HACCP system.
-Set up HACCP record keeping procedure.
2.2 Order of haccpp application.
The HACCP application sequence consists of 12 steps, of which the above 7 principles are also the last 7 steps. The previous 5 steps are — Establishment of HACCP group.
-Copy and explain food (safety, expiry date, packaging, distribution form).
-Confirm the method of using food.
- Outline of food processing sequence.
-Check at the factory the order of food processing.
III. Units need to apply this standard.
I. What is Haccp?
- A system for analyzing hazards and verifying the critical point, the system of analyzing, identifying and organizing the control of material dangers in the process of food production and processing ”. (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP))
HACCP is a food safety management system based on hazard analysis and critical control points. It is an analytical tool to ensure food safety and quality. HACCP includes systematic assessments of all steps involved in the food processing process, while identifying key steps for food safety. This tool allows to concentrate technical and professional resources on processing steps that have a decisive influence on food safety.
II.The principles of haccp.
There are 7 main principles enacted.
1. Identify hazards.
- Hazard identification is the consideration and examination of hazards surrounding food environment that may affect the food safety and hygiene affecting consumers. So people have listed many ways to identify hazards
2. Determine the critical control point.
- Critical check points are points or steps or procedures at which controls can be conducted to prevent, eliminate or minimize food safety hazards to an acceptable level.
3. Determine the critical limit for each CCP.
- Critical limits are the criteria that must be met for each precautionary measure involving each CCP. The critical limit is the boundary that guarantees the production of safe products.
4. Supervise critical control points.
- Monitoring is conducting observations and measurements in a predetermined sequence to assess whether CCPs are under control? to have accurate data for future verification.
- Establishment of CCP monitoring requirements Establish processes using monitoring results to calibrate the process and maintain control levels.
5. Establish a corrective action plan when the critical limit is broken
- Corrective action is the procedure that must be followed when the breach or failure to reach the critical limit is reached
6. Develop procedures for verifying the HACCP system.
- Review procedures, tests and appraisals that complement monitoring to validate and determine, HACCP compliance, whether or not to modify a HACCP plan.
7. Establish HACCP record keeping procedures.
Order of haccpp application
In addition to the 7 steps above, we have 5 more steps
1 Establishment of a working group on HACCP
The research is very complex and elaborate, so it takes a team of qualified and experienced to collect data experience and need specialized experts with data analysis and classification at the same time. must be properly trained and practiced to participate and perform well.
2. Make notes and notes on food
Important details of the product to be investigated, including intermediate products involved in the production of the considered product, should be recorded in relation to food safety and quality.
3. Confirm the method of food use
Based on the intended use of the product for the end user or consumer group to determine its intended use.
- Method of use
- Method of distribution
- Storage conditions and shelf life
- Requirements for labeling
4. Outline of the food processing sequence
-This diagram and floor plan, equipment layout must be set by the HACCP team including all steps in the production process. This is an important tool for developing a HACCP plan
5.In-house inspection of food processing order.
III. Units need to apply this standard.
Currently, the Haccp standard is a standard that most buyers in countries around the world require suppliers to ensure the manufacturing company has haccp standards for real production units. Therefore, if the Vietnamese entertainment solution company is always eager to advise manufacturers that they can produce this standard