NEET 2020: Notification, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Syllabus
NEET 2020 will be conducted in the first week of May 2020. NEET is the entrance examination conducted by NTA for admission to MBBS and BDS courses.
NEET 2020 – National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET) is a national level medical entrance exam. It is conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA) for MBBS/BDS admission in all MCI/DCI approved colleges in India. Around 12 to 13 lakh candidates expected to apply for NEET 2020, in which 180 questions from physics, chemistry, biology, and botany will be asked. Since NTA came into the picture, many things have changed in NEET 2020 such as mode of exam, its frequency. However, for those who are in class 11 or 12, their focus at the moment should be exam preparation.
NEET 2020 Important Dates
Given below is the schedule of the NEET 2020 Examination. Further changes will be updated based on the latest official notification which might be released in November 2019.
|Application form availability||2nd Dec 2019|
|Last Date to submit the form||31st Dec 2019|
|Admit card releasing||27th March 2020|
|Exam Date||3rd May 2020|
|Result announcement||4th June 2020|
Information at a Glance
- Submission of NEET 2020 online application form will start from 2nd December 2019.
- You are restricted to apply for NEET exam in online mode. There is no provision of offline submission of application form.
- Students can submit their application form through NTA official website- nta.ac.in / www.ntaneet.nic.in only.
- Students must provide their own mobile number and email address.
- Students need to upload their photograph (between 10 kb – 200 kb) and signature (between 4 kb – 30kb) in JPG/JPEG format.
- They don’t need to send/submit confirmation page or any other documents to NTA by post/fax/hand.
- Submitting false information will restrict you to appear in future exams conducted by NTA.
- The exam fee once deposited will not be refunded under any circumstances. The possible application fee will be Rs.1400/- for unreserved category and Rs.750/- for OBC/ SC/ST/PwD/Transgender. Service/Processing charges & GST will be payable as per the rules.
- Students can make payment of application fee through credit card, debit card, net banking and e-challan.
NEET Eligibility Criteria 2020
Applicant must satisfy the eligibility criteria laid down by the authority. Ineligible candidates will not be allowed to take the NEET examination.
Age limit: A candidate must have completed 17 years of age on or before 31st December 2020. Upper age for candidates from General category is 25 years and 30 years for candidates from OBC/SC/ST categories.
- For Unreserved Category: born on or between 05.05.1995 and 31.12.2003
- For SC/ST/OBC/PwD Category: born on or between 05.05.1990 and 31.12.2003
Educational Qualification: A candidate must have qualified class 12th with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English as compulsory subjects.
Percentage Required: A candidate must have scored minimum 50% marks in the class 12th.